How Kyowa Kirin is responding to COVID-19
The health and safety of our community is our top priority
Kyowa Kirin recognizes the unprecedented nature of the COVID-19 outbreak and its widespread impact on our patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers. These challenges can be especially difficult for those who are living with a rare disease. We remain committed to supporting our community, and the health and safety of our patients is our top priority during this time.
Kyowa Kirin has taken the following steps to ensure that we are responding to the needs of our patients and healthcare providers throughout the COVID-19 crisis and beyond:
- We are committed to maintaining the supply of our medicines for each and every one of our patients. Rest assured, at this time, there is no impact on the availability of any of our treatments.
- Our Kyowa Kirin Cares oncology nurses are standing by to help you navigate access to your treatment.
- In addition to this support, they may be able to direct you to organizations, like the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, which have programs to support costs related to COVID-19 and cancer treatment.
- We recognize this is a financially challenging time for many. Kyowa Kirin is devoted to helping you get the treatment you need.
- We are protecting our Kyowa Kirin family much like you are protecting yours, keeping them safe at home and continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation.
- At this time, we understand there may be concerns or questions about your continuing treatment. Patients and caregivers should continue to discuss with their healthcare provider how they should receive their treatment. Do not stop taking your treatment and do not pursue your own treatment regimens without first consulting your doctor. Patients and providers can learn more about COVID-19 by visiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
- You are not alone. Find support and stay in touch with the rare disease community through online advocacy and support groups such as the Cutaneous Lymphoma Foundation and the Lymphoma Research Foundation.
We will continue to monitor the latest updates about the global COVID-19 outbreak and will take actions to safeguard the health of our patients. We remain committed to providing superior service and support for our patients, caregivers, healthcare providers, and their office staff. We will continue to navigate these uncertain times together as a community; if you have additional questions, please contact your Kyowa Kirin Cares coordinator.